Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beginnings

It's hard to name a blog, for the same reason I guess it would be hard to choose a tattoo. How do you pick one title, just a few words, to summarize what you're about or the central idea for what you're trying to be? The difference is, with a few clicks of my mouse, I could change the title of this blog, but changing a tattoo would be much more difficult.

I ended up going with "Reality is harsh to the feet of shadows," which is one of my favorite quotes. It comes from C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. Reality is harsh, and we are shadows of what we will be. We get glimpses here and there for what we were created for, and we hold on to these glimpses and seek them out and try to recreate them, but in the end, they are glimpses and shadows of what's to come. I like to think I have all the answers, but I know that every time I think I "get it," all of my knowledge added up is a sliver of what's to come.

And so this journey officially begins. Thanks for joining me for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment